Laura E. Cowan, Esq.
- Of Counsel
Attorney Laura Cowan's business law practice focuses on helping entrepreneurs launch their business, protect their name, and keep their profits. She knows first hand how difficult starting a business can be, and guides her clients to ensure they are building on a solid legal foundation. A former CPA with experience at Ernst & Young and Goldman Sachs, Laura is uniquely qualified to guide her clients through the often confusing maze of entrepreneurship.
Laura was named a Rising Star® by Super Lawyers® in 2019, 2020, and 2021, an award reserved for the top 2% of attorneys in New York. She was featured as a "Top Woman Attorney in New York" in the March 21, 2020 issue of the New York Times.
Laura has spoken at UN Headquarters, was published in Forbes, and is a Leadership Network Contributor for Entrepreneur Magazine. A frequent speaker both in person and online, Laura enjoys educating entrepreneurs nationwide on how to have a legally sound business.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Iowa State University
- Major: Accounting
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
- Entrepreneur Magazine, Leadership Network Contributor
- Rising Star®, Super Lawyers®, 2019-2021
- Top Woman Attorney in New York, New York Times, 2020
- Ernst & Young and Goldman Sachs
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant